Date: Saturday, September 20, 2008
Time: 2:00 PM PST
New Voices Playwrights Theatre presented a staged reading of six short plays on Saturday, Sept. 20. The readings began at 2 p.m. at Rude Guerrilla, 202 N. Broadway, Santa Ana. (714) 547-4688. Suggested donation was $5. [Directions]
Directed by Michael Buss:
- “Junk Jockey” by Michael Buss. A wife has an unusual Christmas surprise for her husband: She’s leaving. With her lover. But her lover, in turn, has a surprise for her.
- “Spiritual Entitlement” by Joanne Freeman. A woman sends her fiancé to her ex-husband’s New Age cleansing center. Bad idea.
- “Who Wants to Be a Star” by John Richardson. A man takes his girlfriend to a swank Hollywood restaurant for their anniversary. But who show up: movie stars.
Directed by Geoffrey Gread:
- “Monday Night Football” by John Lane. A man sees a female psychologist about his “virgin” issues.
- “Bar Scene” by John Lane. A successful businessman returns to his hometown for the funeral of his estranged father. In the hotel bar he meets a woman who tells him some family secrets.
- “Breaking Up…” by John Lane. A civilized couple breaks up.