New Voices Playwrights Theatre, an Orange County-based, nonprofit corporation formed in 1997, presents full productions and staged readings of original plays written by its members. New Voices Playwrights Workshop assists members in the development of new plays through discussion and literary criticism.
Over the years New Voices has worked with theaters to produce short plays and staged readings of full-length works. These have provided members with the opportunity to see their work fully realized. New Voices works have been professionally produced all across the United States.
OUR MISSION STATEMENT
- To develop new playwrights and plays, as well as directors, actors and other theater-related artists
- To develop and educate audiences in new forms of original theater
- To produce comprehensive stage productions which include all elements of the arts
- To present excellent productions of previously unproduced plays
- To provide educational instruction and workshops to develop and nurture the individual collective talent of playwrights and other artists
- To provide educational outreach programs and opportunities to the community at large
BECOMING A MEMBER
While entry to the Workshop is by invitation, interested writers can contact the New Voices president for an opportunity to visit the group for a formal introduction. Applicants should have some experience at writing and be prepared to submit a full-length play or several short plays for review.
Members pay an annual fee to cover incidental expenses and as a contribution to any productions. New Voices meets the first Sunday of every month, except on holiday weekends.